Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bike to Work Day, 2011, Arlington VA

Bike to Work Day, 2011
Inadvertantly part of a "new rider convoy" near National Airport on the GW Parkway bike path

Since I pretty much bike to work every day, I am never quite sure what to think of Bike to Work Day - at least this year the weather was mostly good (in the afternoon it clouded up and at least a few drops of rain fell some places). The number of riders for this "event" looked pretty impressive, but the fair weather aspect of this is fairly apparent when compared to earlier in the week when it had been rainy.

Bike to Work Day, 2011
In the photograph the barbed wire is more noticable - normally I am looking forward I guess and don't even see it.

Bike to Work Day, 2011
As riders get into the District, the group disperses

I tried to take some other group photos of "convoys" but my camera had focus issues. Oh well, maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment